Review: An Honest Opinion on Mitchell & Peach Body Cream and Dove Hair Therapy

Today I'd like to talk about the last couple of products in my third beauty box. Unfortunately, this box hasn't been much of a success in terms of products that I actually enjoy using and would recommend. However, I'd still like to talk about them and share my opinions and experiences with these products.


Mitchell And Peach Body Cream
£36 for 180ml from www.mitchellandpeach.com


"With English honey, organic cocoa, vitamin B5 and shea butter", this Mitchell and Peach body cream didn't exactly do a lot for me. While it felt absolutely beautiful on my skin and really did make my skin feel as soft as a baby's bottom, the smell - for me - wasn't quite what I was hoping for. Shea butter is a beautiful smell on it's own, however, mixed with these other ingredients, I don't feel as though it works. Of course, each to their own and at the end of the day, the product DOES what it's supposed to do, which is to "leave your skin feeling soft and smelling beautiful"!

Dove Hair Therapy 60 Second Shot Treatment
£1.49 for 15ml from www.sainsburys.co.uk or instore at Superdrug

This 60 Second Shot claims to be an intensive treatment which "revives damaged hair from the sun". I really wish I could give some positive feedback on this review, but sadly, I can't. I was disappointed in this product, there's not really much else to say.

The smell of Dove products is not for everyone, and it certainly isn't for me. Smell aside - I do judge a product almost instantly based on it's smell, which I really shouldn't do! - the product overall was, at best, okay. For someone who has fairly long and thick hair, I found the treatment wasn't anywhere near enough to cover the most part that I needed desperately treating.

In comparison to a deep conditioning hair mask by Tresemmé, the shot really didn't improve the condition of my hair at all, nor did it really feel any different. Half of my was expecting and hoping that my hair would feel lovely and silky after I'd dried and styled it, this was not the case. In fact it felt just as it had before I applied the product.

So, overall I can't say I was overly fond of my third box which is a massive shame for me. I really adore reviewing the products I receive and sharing these findings with anyone who reads my blog, and it really saddens me to have to write a whole post or two on products I didn't benefit from or enjoy using. I really hope that anyone who has used any of the past five products I received in this box has had better luck and experience with them!

I'd love to hear from you and what you think about these products! Just get in touch via:


Twitter: @EmilyJeanGC